Melissa is out in L.A being a rockstar at The Sweet Shop. When her birthday came around it was a good opportunity to bring back some of the green gifting tips from Christmas – recycled paper, the box my macbook air came in (which might have gotten her hopes up a little too high), cute gift boxes made from recycled materials, fabric bows etc. My favorite part however, was the card. Who could resist that card?! Especially considering one of Missa’s scripts was inspired by a get-away ice cream truck. I love my sister <3
- Reused and Recycled Brown Paper, Bakers Twine (Paper Source), Glitter Pen and The Art of Hugging (Barnes and Noble)
- Cute reusable gift box – no wrapping necessary!(Paper Source) a red fabric bow from Christmas, and a vintage “M” necklace
- I used the Paper Source bag that the card came in to wrap the jewelry box with her Camera Necklace (Etsy)
- Save tissue paper that you might get from clothing stores. I bought some “interview” pants at J. Crew recently and reused the tissue paper here.
- Ice Cream Truck Card (Paper Source)
As usual, no gifting task can be completed without little helpers…. perhaps more accurately, little gremlins who hijacked the twine. Of course it’s my fault for brining string anywhere near them.
I had way too much fun putting together Melissa’s Birthday Package. Of course a truly “green” birthday package would somehow include no paper and be wrapped in hemp or something…but one step at a time here. And hopefully she will recycle as many of the materials as possible. Did I mention I love my sister? ….well just in case ….. I LOVE MY SISTER!!!